Friday, June 8, 2012

Kitchen- The Before

Before:
Here is the kitchen the day we moved in. The color scheme? Orange, Teal, and Brown. The entire house was redone in the 50s. No....really? I know you're shocked.

Okay, let's talk about the before:

Paneling. This woman, bless her heart, loved this stuff. Lots and lots of paneling. Paneling on the walls. Paneling on the ceilings.  There was even paneling on the fireplace. Really? On a fireplace? If you look closely, you can see the fireplace had small "windows" that they put-yep, you guessed it-paneling inside of.

 Then there was of course the fireplace itself. An entire wall of stone, an entire wall....of stone.



Okay, next, there was the fifties diner. Let me just tell you, though, before we start bashing it-this thing was solid and came in handy. I think the base of it was made out of solid steel. It took two people to move it at all times. And...it was helpful throughout the renovation because it provided a great spot to set tools on, etc.



 But...I just had to do it. Here is a shot from "Happy Days" and there's our diner! I guess they needed it to shoot this scene.









The kitchen itself was decked out with orange counter-tops and teal carpet. I know this used to be in style and some day I'm sure some young kid will give their opinion without being asked and and laugh at my style too, but really?! However, we were so blessed everything worked. I did get to cook a lovely lasagna meal for some friends that first week before demo started....






Here is another view....The cabinets were pretty much separating everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment